Deadline 23, November 2016
Age limit: 25
The Global UGRAD program is designed to award undergraduate Pakistani students enrolled at a university in Pakistan. The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program offers cultural/academic exchange through a non degree program for a semester at a university in the U.S.
Applicants of this program are required to be in either their 14th or 15th year of formal education.
Students enrolled in either, a four year bachelor’s program or a two year bachelor’s programs are eligible to apply.
- Tentative Announcement: Oct/Nov
- Two batches: Fall and spring semester
- Duration: One semester – approximately half attend in fall and other half in spring
- Grantees start studies: Fall next year
- Pakistani citizens
- 25 years or younger
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and committed to returning to their home universities following the completion of the program.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities
- Serious interest in learning about the United States
- High level of academic achievement, as indicated in grades, awards and reference letters
- Proficiency in English
- Students from diverse backgrounds, especially those students who have not previously had opportunities to travel internationally are encouraged to apply
- Applicants with a dual U.S./Pakistani nationality or U.S. permanent residence
- Those who have a parent, spouse or fiancé who is a U.S citizen or permanent U.S resident
- Employees of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State
- Students in their final year of university
How to apply
The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program is advertised every year (please check for availability) by October/November. Application form is required to be submitted online. All supporting documents , such as photocopies of transcripts including an explanation of grading scale of university issuing the degree, are to be attached to the online application before submission . Photocopies of transcripts must be attested by the issuing authority.
NOTE: Once you are selected you will be required to provide a Reference Letters and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your current academic institution