King Abdullah University Saudi Arabia (KAUST) MS and PhD Scholarships 2017

Applications are invited for KAUST Fellowship for enrolling in PhD and MS/PhD program for Spring 2017

Applications are open now

Subjects offered

Fellowship is awarded in all subjects offered at KAUST.
Field of study

MS program.
PhD Program.

Application Requirements

KAUST requires a minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The KAUST admissions code is 4107. Only official TOEFL or IELTS scores will be accepted. TOEFL or IELTS scores for tests administered by an educational institution for admission to that particular institution are not acceptable.

A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.

KAUST does not require the GRE exam for admission. However, we strongly encourage students to take the GRE general test. A high quantitative score on the GRE will enhance a student’s application. Official test results should be sent directly from ETS. The KAUST admissions code is 4139. The average GRE quantitative score for admitted students is currently 774 out of 800.

Submit an official complete university Transcript/ Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Record from every institution previously attended. A scan of the official transcript provided by the university in the native language must be uploaded into the online application along with the certified English translation. Your transcript must include the university grading scale for all documents submitted. If offered admission, an official final transcript must be sent to the Office of Admissions prior to arrival (during the onboarding process) in a sealed envelope to:
Office of Admissions
Graduate Affairs
Building 9, Suite 4328
4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Thuwal, Jeddah 23955-6900
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

How To prepare applications

You must have three letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Letters of recommendation are important and should be written by professors or advisers under whom you have pursued research or taken courses in your major field of study. Recommendation letters should be submitted through the application directly from your referee. Referee should provide details about how he/she knows your work, as well as comparative statements (e.g., top 1% of class, best in past five years, etc.), and insight into your research ability. Also please add your Curriculum Vitae (CV).

Financial Support

All admitted students receive the benefits of the KAUST Fellowship which supports students for the duration of their graduate studies. The benefits of the KAUST Fellowship include:

• Full tuition support
  • Monthly living allowance (ranging between $20,000-30,000 annual, depending on qualifications and progression through degree programs)
  • Housing*
  • Medical and dental coverage*
  • Relocation support

* Charges may apply to dependent housing and medical and dental coverage.

PhD Eligibility Criteria

Ph.D. program requires the successful completion of at least 96 credit hours, (inclusive of previous Master’s Degree coursework). Qualification and advancement to candidacy are contingent upon

Successfully passing Ph.D. coursework

Designating a research advisor

Successfully passing a qualifying exam

Writing and orally defending a research proposal. Possible outcomes include pass, failure with complete retake, failures with partial retake, and failure with no retake. Students not permitted to retake the exam, or who fail the retake, will be dismissed from the University. The maximum allotted time for advancement to candidacy for a student entering with a M.S. degree is two years; three years for students entering with a B.S.

How to Apply/Documents Required/Application Form Download

Applications should be submitted online.

Click on the link to apply now Online Application

Attach all documents like university Transcript/ Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic and other necessary documents

Your transcript must include the university grading scale for all documents submitted. If offered admission, an official final transcript must be sent to the Office of Admissions prior to arrival (during the on boarding process) in a sealed envelope via post.

Please keep in mind Personal Statement is very crucial in this application. Through Personal Statement your have chance to tell your story: who are you? what matters to you? what are you hoping to do in the world? Your academic transcript, your list of activities and your reference letters will provide the substantive detail of your commitments and accomplishments. This essay gives you the opportunity to cast the overarching narrative for the selection committee. It is important that you give a clear statement of what you wish to study at KAUST and why.

Award:

Financial Support
Full tuition support
Housing*
Medical and dental coverage*
Relocation support
* Charges may apply to dependent housing and medical and dental coverage

Contact us

Mailing Address
Graduate Affairs
Engineering Building (Building 9), Suite 4328
4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Thuwal 23955-6900
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

admissions@kaust.edu.sa

For details please visit following website

KAUST

57 Comments

• Muhammad Sanda says:

Excellent Allah bless you

• Buhari Aliyu Karaye says:

Assalam mu alaikisalam. Please I wish to pursue a PhD in accounting. I studied masters in Accounting and financial management in 2014 from Bayero University Kano.
    Please Sir, I want to know my eligibility status.
    Thanks and may Allah SWT reward you for your efforts. Ameen.

• Buhari Aliyu Karaye says:

Assalam mu alaykum . Please I wish to pursue a PhD in accounting. I studied masters in Accounting and financial management in 2014 from Bayero University Kano.
    Please Sir, I want to know my eligibility status.
    Thanks and may Allah SWT reward you for your efforts. Ameen.

• abubakar muhammad says:

Great

• Ismaila Mohammed Ghali says:

Assalamualaikum, I wish to pursue PhD in Information Management. I studied Masters Information Management from Ahmadu Bello University (A.B.U.) Zaria.
    Please Sir, I want to know my eligibility status.
    Jazakallahu Khairan fiddunya wal akhirat. Amin.
    Thanks
    Ismaila Mohammed Ghali.

• musa says:

Assalam mu alaikisalam. Please I wish to pursue a PhD in accounting. I studied M.sc international accounting 2014 from University Utara Malkaysia.
    Please Sir, I want to know my eligibility status.
    Thanks and may Allah SWT reward you for your efforts. Ameen.

• afaq says:

any cgpa cutoff plz?

• YASEEN MOHAMMED says:

I have applied twice but they rejected without any clarification?

• TAOFEEK YUSUF says:

I study cyber security science at Masters level, please confirm my eligibility and availability of PhD program in that respect. Thanks.

• abdurrazak says:

Assalam, pls I did my Bsc in Biochemistry and Msc in medical biochemistry (research mode) i dont have ILTES, can I apply for PhD?

• ALIYU B TARFA says:

Assalamualaikum administrator. please am inquiring if it is necessary for a Nigerian civil engineering student to sit for TOFEL exams. I also inquiring wether civil engineering masters courses are available?

• salihu usman says:

Asalamu alaikum I am Salihu Usman from Nigeria and I studied Chemical Engineering graduated with 4.43 / 5.0 scale and I have IELTS with 6.0 overall but don’t have GRE. Am I eligible to apply for Msc

• Abdulaziz tariq says:

Asalamu alaikum warahmatullah, pls i wish to apply for PhD in biological sciences under Faculty of sciences what are the criteria. jazakallahu bikhair.

• Jamila Saleh musa says:

Assalamu alaikum, i wish to pursue master in information technology. I studied Bsc computer science in kano university of science and technology (kust) wudil. Please i want to my eligibility. Thanks

• Jamila Saleh musa says:

Assalamu alaikum, i wish to pursue master in information technology, i studied Bsc computer science in kano university of science and technology (kust) wudil. Please sir i want to know my eligibility status. Thanks

• Abdulkarim Damagum Ya'u says:

Assalamu alaikumus,
    I am a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, and a holder of Master of Public Health from the university of Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.I also hold
    master degree in health planning and management from university of Maiduguri.
    I would very much appreciate if you could consider me for a PhD program in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics or biotechnology.
    In anticipation to hear from you in good time about my eligibility; I promised to provide any further information you may require.

Bissalam,
    Abdulkarim Damagum, MPH, MHPM & DVM.

• Hassan Mujtaba Nawaz Saleem says:

Assalam o Alaikum,
    I worked in a UK university as ‘Research & Teaching Associate’ for around 2 years.
    Also working as Assistant Professor at a state owned university here in Pakistan since last 10 years.
    Do I need IELTS score or eligible for exemption?
    Please guide me.
    Jazzak’ALLAH. . .

• Adebayo, Ayub-Eniola Ayodelr says:

Assalamailekum.
    I am interested in studying for MS/Ph.D in Clinical Biochemistry. I have a B.Sc(Hons) (2:2) in physiology and medical laboratory sciences from Portsmouth polytechnic (now University of Portsmouth). I have been working as a Medical laboratory scientist since 1984. I am presently a Chief Medical Laboratory Scientist in Chemical Pathology Department of University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital.
    l want to find out if there is no age limit sir.

• LUKMON TAIWO OLUSANYA says:

Salam Alaykum Bro. My name is Olusanya Lukmon Taiwo. I have M.Sc in Analytical Chemistryfrom Fed. University of Agric. Abeokuta, Nigeria. I don’t have ILTES or GRE. Pls., how do I attempt either of the two and still meet up with the deadline?

• masood shah says:

Assalamualaikom.sir i want to do P.hd in kaust please give me guidlines about admission.thanks

• Abdulrasheed Muhammad Mujtaba says:

I have MBBS and Masters in Pharmacology from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. Can I apply for PhD in Pharmacology

• Gali Mani Darma katsina State Nigeria says:

Assalamu alaikum Pls i read MEd social studies at ABU Zaria Nigeria,kindly help me to know if I can apply.

• Gali Mani Darma katsina State Nigeria says:

Good effort

• AbdulAzeez Abdallah says:

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu, I want to apply for M. Sc Computer science, please what is my eligibility requirement?

• kuso muhammad nuhu says:

I wish to apply for scholarship to study masters in mathematics or statistics in ur university. I studied Bsc in mathematics from Ibrahim Babangida university, Lapai Niger with second class lower degree.

• Hindu Usman says:

assalam alaikum,

please when is the closing date for this applications, and is GRE mandatory or recommended?

• salam, pls I studied bachelor degree in nursing at ABU Zaria, Nigeria with a second class lower grade.l want to know my chance of securing admission. thank you.

• Isma'il Usman says:

Assalamu alaikum.
    I wish to pursue Mcs in computer science. I had BSc in computer science by the year 2014 at Usmanu Dan Fodiyo university sokoto. Pl! I want to know my eligibility and the class of degree required for someone to apply.
    JAXAKUMULLAHU KHAIRAN… Ameen

• Assalam mu alaykum warahmatullahi was barakatuh . Please I wish to pursue a master degree. I obtained a Bsc. Honour (Degree in Physics) in 2016 from Taraba State University Jalingo,Nigeria.
    Please Sir, I want to know my eligibility status.
    Thank you,may Allah SWT reward you abundantly for your efforts. Ameen.

• Kaiser Farooq says:

Good day

I want to pursue P.hd in Management Studies. Please suggest me regarding the same.

Regards
    Kaiser
    + 971551943298
    UAE

• Sumiyah Fayaz sheikh says:

Asalamualikum sir I’m interested to pursue my Phd in English.what are the requirements .

• Adeyi Kamaldeen says:

Assalam mu alaikisalam. pls i am a fresh graduate and i will like to further by acquiring a msc but i am still awaiting service.. hope i qualified and pls how will i go about this…

Thanks

• Nisar Ahmad says:

Salam. Please what is the deadline for admission?

• HABEEB YUSUF says:

Assalamu alaikum. Please I want to pursue a masters in Islamic banking. I have a Degree in Islamic studies from university of Maiduguri, Nigeria . I want to know my eligibility status, Thnak you.

• Abdullah says:

I want to do PhD,
    Transportation planning and economic.

• Abdullah says:

I want to do PhD,
    Transportation planning and economic.
    any Opportunities.

• Zia ur Rahman says:

I want to get admission in MS microbiology which diffently contain research.
    Is said department is present in university?
    If present so the procedure will be same or not?

• Pls I’m an Hnd graduate of mechanical Engineering.pls can I register for a ms degree.or rather can I run any program with kaust?

• abdulhadi abdulmutalib says:

Please when is the deadline for the application?

• Yamindinda says:

What is the deadline for scholarship application?

• Ubaid ullah salarzai says:

Assalamo alaikum I am Ubaid ullah from Pakistan
    BS zoology student
    Now I have 7th semester with 3.58 C.GPA
    I have a keen desire to do my MS from KUST .
    Can I apply to it?

• Abdullah says:

I want phd digree in english literatures from kaust

• Salam alekum, i did M.Sc Mgt. Science and B.Sc Finance. How can i qualify and apply for P.hd programme.

• Ayorinde Akee ibrahim says:

Assalam alaykum, I wish to know my eligibility for Masters program Msc Edu. as I am holder of Bsc Edu in Business Education marketing option from Ekiti State University Nigeria with Second Class Lower Division 2.2 or what advice can you give concerning the scholarship.

• Shakil Ahmad says:

Assalam o Alaikum, I am Shakil Ahmad from pakistan, I have done MS(Electronics Engineering) specialized in Image Processing and Computer Vision from International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan. I want for a PhD scholarship at KAUST, am i eligible and what else i need for the scholarship? Regards.

• sayed abdullah says:

I did apply two times, but unfortunately i wasnt selected. however, you should have GRE and Research papers will will merit you, otherwise only IELTS is not make you to get admission at KAUST.
    PhD student must have to prepare research proposal and acceptance from supervisor which,

• Yusuf Ismail Usman says:

Assalamu alaikum wa rahamatullah. It’s my sincere prayers that ALLAH(S.W.A.) will continue to make you stronger in this noble efforts,Amin. I would wish to apply for the M.Sc programme but the criteria attached seems too stringent. However, I’m still wishing you the very best. A graduate of B.Sc(Hons) Industrial Chemistry. Thanks.

• Ibraheem Yahaya says:

Masha Allah

• Aja, Israel Nwadibia says:

Does the university give admission /scholarship to non-Muslim P.hd candidates?

• Nazifat ullah says:

Dear Sir,
    AOA
    I have completed my MS degree in Electrical Engineering major in communication systems. My age is 40 years and I want to complete my Ph. D degree from the prestigious university of KAUST. I fulfill all the other requirements of the university. Am I eligible to apply?

• talha says:

I have completed m.sc forestry … But dont have IELTS … How can i proceed with this scholarship??

• Fuseini abdul razak says:

• Fuseini abdul razak says:

assalamu alaaikum pls sir I studied bachelor degree in management studies at ICM-UK.i want to know my eligibility the course to apply for.am I eligible to apply?