Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a substantial programme of scholarships, offered on a matched funding basis between the Scottish Government and Scottish Higher Education Institutions. The scheme offers up to 100 awards, each worth £4000. These are towards the tuition fees, for any one year of full time study, on an Undergraduate, Masters or PhD course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
The scholarships are designed to support the promotion of Scotland as a learning nation and a science nation and are therefore targeted at the priority sectors of creative industries, life sciences, technology, financial services and renewable and clean energy (find out what study options are available). These are available across key priority countries:
- United States of America
The scholarships are available to students as part of a wider strategy to promote Scotland as a study destination and showcase Scotland’s higher education offering in international markets.
In order to be eligible to apply for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course. Please click here for a full list of eligibility criteria.
The application process for 2016 opened on Monday 1st February 2016 and will close at midnight on Sunday 1st May 2016. Successful applicants will hear from their institution in due course.
For further information please email ScotlandsSaltireScholarships@scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Deadline: 1 May 2016
Applications are open for the Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) programme. The scholarships are designed to support the promotion of Scotland as a learning nation and a science nation and targeted at the priority sectors of creative industries, life sciences, technology, financial services and renewable and cleanenergy.
Priority Subject Areas
- Arts and Humanities
- Clean and Renewable Energy
- Communications, Media and Culture
- Earth Sciences
- Financial Services
- Music and the Performing Arts
- Physical and Life Sciences
The scheme offers up to 100 awards, each worth £4,000 towards the tuition fees of successful applicants.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Pakistan, USA or the People’s Republic of China (Hong Kong also being eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course before an application can be considered.
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- The course must be an undergraduate, Masters or PhD level course in one of the following broad subject areas (mentioned above).
- Courses must be full time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance learning or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.For details and application form please visit