Students who are going to apply for any position, please upgrade your resume. Here is Sample to follow.
Looking for a progressive academic, research and development position related to field of molecular biology and biochemistry, where I can utilize my all skills to get new insights in field of health sciences molecular biology, biomaterials and tissue engineering.
|2012-15||Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea.
PhD in Molecular Biology & Biomedical Engineering
Asian Young Scientist Scholarship (CYASS)
|2009-11||Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
M.Phil in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
|2007-2009||PMAS Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
M.Sc in Biochemistry
- Master level course in Biosafety, Biosecurity & Dual Use education
Bradford University Uk (2011-12)
- Post Graduate Diploma In Public Health
86.5%, 1st Div, Pakistan Institute of Modern Sciences, Skill development Council, Islamabad.
|[March 2015-to Present] Fusion Therapy Centre Guro Hospital Korea University Seoul, Korea. Research Professor|
|· Project writing
· Supervision of Master and PhD students
· Clinical Study
· Biomaterials fabrication
· Tissue Engineering
· Research data Analysis
· Organizing conference and workshop
· Teaching of graduate students
|[March 2012- Feb 2015] Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea.
PhD Research Scholar
|· Fabrication of nanogels and nanofibers for biomedical application
· Antimicrobial testing of biomaterials
· Cloning and protein expressing analysis
· DNA and drug delivery by using nanoparticles
|· Teacher assistant & Lecture preparation for stem cell tissue engineering & immunology
· Manuscript and project writing
· Lab quality control
|[Jun 2011 – Feb 2012] National TB Control Program (GF UNO), Islamabad, Pakistan.
|· Molecular diagnostic of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis
· Solid and liquid culture of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis
· Microscopy and staining of clinical samples for Mycobacterium Tuberculosis
· Data surveillance of TB HIV patients in Pakistan
· Lab quality control & quality assurance
· Capacity building training of lab workers
· Labs accreditation
|[Nov 2010 to Dec 2011] Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Research Associate ( Dual Use Education and Biosecurity Project)
|· Development of educational module for university graduates student on dual use education
· Survey of bioethics, biosafety , biosecurity and dual use education
· Organization conference and seminars for awareness of biosafety , biosecurity
· Policies development for safe and secure research
|[Oct 2009- June 2010] National AIDS Control Program (UNFPA), Islamabad, Pakistan.
|· Molecular screening of HIV
· Cloning, sequencing and molecular characterization of STIs and TB in Pakistan
· Laboratory quality control
· Monitoring and evaluation of research projects
· Capacity building and training of lab technologists
· Project and report writing
· Development of HIV STIs testing policy of Pakistan
· Quality control/quality assurance
· Lab accreditations
|[March 2007 to Sep 2009] Nuclear Medicine Oncology & Radiotherapy Institute (PAEC) Islamabad Research Associate|
|· Molecular diagnostics and PCR analysis of HCV and HBV
· ELISA based screening of HCV and HBV
· Radiotherapy of cancer patients
· Research on gene mutation of breast cancer patients
· Lab quality controls
|· DNA and RNA Purification from variety of tissues (including Fresh Froze, Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded, Viral, body fluids-Serum, Saliva). Micro RNA isolation from various sources (Serum, Tissues-FFPE).
· Molecular Cloning basics, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Restriction Digestion, Ligations, Transformation.
· Gene expression studies using quantitative PCR, RT-PCR using SYBR green and TaqMan assays, Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, DNA Purification from Agarose Gel and PCR Products.
· SDS-PAGE, Staining.
|Microbiology||· Microscopy, Staining, Bacteria and Virus Cell Culture (Solid and Liquid). Media preparation, MIC and MFC study. Drug Sensitivity Testing|
|Cell Biology||· Human Stem Cell Culture (Maintenance and propagation). Immuno-fluorescent Staining & Visualization under Fluorescent Microscope. Immunohistochemistry.|
|Physiology||· Power Lab instrument handling, Performing basic to advance level experiments using a range of accessories and data analysis.|
|Biomaterials||· Fabrication Nanogels and Nano-fibers fabrications, Au, Ag metal particles synthesis
· Morphology analysis DLS size and zeta potential measurement. AFM (Sample Preparation and analysis) , TEM (Sample Preparation and analysis)
· Drug Delivery DNA and Peptide delivery. Nanogels surface modification , Targeted drug delivery
|Bioinformatics||· Phylogenetic Analysis , Primer designing, Sequence analysis|
- Phil Thesis
“Molecular Characterization and Phylogenetic Analysis of High Risk Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)”
- PhD Thesis
“Polymeric nanoparticles applications for treatments of infectious diseases”
“An introduction to biorisk management and dual use in life sciences” Zabta K. Shinwari, Giulio M. Mancini, Kathryn McLaughlin, William Pinard, LouAnn Burnett, Anwar Nasim, Aamer Ikram,Abdullah, Muhammad Qasim, Alessandro Fasani Edited and Printed in Como (Italy), Islamabad (Pakistan), and Albuquerque (United States) in 2011
- Sequence Submitted in NCBI data Base: HPV sqn Human JX073135
- pNIPAM nanogels with NH2 surface Charge for enhancing drug solubility (P14-B063) 10-2014-0036072.
- Research Papers
- “Nanotechnology for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases” Muhammad Qasim, Dong-Jin Lim, Hansoo Park, and Dokyun Na. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 14, 7374-7387 (2014) [IF 1.34]
- “Comparative Study of Blood Glucose Collection Methods at PSMMC”. Samia Hassan Sobki, Khalid Suleiman Al Grooni, Tarik Anwar, Muhammad Qasim* European Journal of Biotechnology and Bioscience 2014; 1 (4): 06-11
- “Enhanced Antifungal Activity of Amphotericin B with Poly N-Isopropylacrylamide (pNIPAM) based nanogels against Candida albicans” Muhammad Qasim, Phornsawat Baipaywad, Nopphadol Udomluck, Dokyun Na, and Hansoo Park. J of Macromolecular Research October 2014,Volume 22, Issue 10, pp 1125-1131 [IF 1.68]
- “Immune Response of Body to Implants and Biomaterials” Muhammad Qasim and Hansoo Park (Accepted : Journal of Macromolecular Biosciences, will publish in March 2015) [IF 3.65]
- “Phylogenetic reveals the presence of Human Papillomaviruses high risk type 16 from female patients in Pakistan” Muhammad Qasim, Abdullah, Muhammad Zeeshan Hyder Sulman Malik. (Submitted to :Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences)
- “Fabrication and characterization of pNIPAM nanogels embedded with Ag nanoparticles and their antimicrobial activity” Muhammad Qasim, Myeonbu Shim, Nopphadol Udomluck, Hansoo Park. (Submitted to Macro Molecular Biosciences)
- pNIPAM based nanogels functionalized with cationic amino acids and gold nanoparticles for gene delivery and tissue Engineering. Muhammad Qasim, Nopphadol Udomluck, Hansoo Park, Dokyun Na ( Submitted to Biomaterials )
- Conferences Papers
- “Comparative study of MUF (Modified Ultra Filtration) and non MUF technique in children undergoing Open Heart Surgery with reference to resource utilization” on 28 May 2008 in 2nd National Conference of Health Biotechnology, held at Pakistan Academy of Sciences Islamabad.
- “Study of Effect of radiotherapy on Blood Cells Counts in Cancer patient” on 18 Dec 2008 in 9th Biennial PSBMB Conference, held at PMAS UAAR.
- “General perception about HIV/AIDS among graduate and undergraduate university student of twin cities Rawalpindi & Islamabad”, on 6 to 8 Nov, 2009 Islamabad, organized by Pakistan Association of Pathology (PAP) held at PIMS Islamabad Pakistan.
- “Evaluation of Commercially available Rapid Testing Kits Combination with Western Blot for Diagnosis of HIV/AIDS’’ at PSH conference HAEMCON 2010.
- “General Perception about Biosafety, Biosecurity and Bioterrorism among Medical Technologist of Public & Private hospitals working on STIs in Twin cities” on 18 Sep 2010 in 1st National Conference of Pakistan association of Medical laboratory Sciences and won Best Presenter Award.
- “Survey on Perception about biosafety, Biosecurity, Bioethics and Dual use of research among university graduate and gap analysis of Pakistani universities’ in Biosafety and Biosecurity International conference BBIC 2011 held in AMMAN Jordan from 12-16 Sep, 2011
- Molecular Characterization of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) in Pakistan in AAAS workshop on International Engagement: Responsible Biosciences for Safe & Secure Society BMENA countries at Institute Pasteur Tunis, The Faculty des Sciences de Tunis October 30 to November 3rd,2011
- “Synthesis of thermo sensitive pNIPAM based nanogels for delivery of peptide and proteins” in 2013 fall conference of “The polymer Society of Korea” held at convention Centre, science city of Korea Djeon from 11th April 2013 to 12th April 2014.
- “pNIPAM nano based nanogels for antifungal drug delivery” in conference, The world congress on Biomimetic, Artificial Muscles and Nano-Bio (BAMN2013) held at Grand Hotel Jeju Island, Seoul South Korea from Aug 26 to Aug 31st 2013
- “Enhanced topical delivery of Amphotericin B by using pNIPAM nanogels” in 2013 meeting of the Korea Society for Biomaterials held in Science and technology Centre Seoul Korea form 26 Sep, 2013 to 27 Sep 2013.
Professional Trainings and workshops & Policy Meeting:-
- I attended 3 days training on “Bioethics Education in Pakistan: Necessity not Luxury” from 27 March to 29 March 2008 at COMSTECH secretariat Islamabad, organized by OIC Ministerial Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation (COMSTECH), Higher Education Commission (HEC) & Centre of Biomedical Ethics (CBEC).
- I attended 5 days’ workshop on “International Workshop on Molecular Techniques in Biological Research” at Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi (PMAS UAAR) from 06 May to 10 May 2008, organized by HEC, PMAS UAAR, and National Commission on Biotechnology (NCBI).
- I attended a two days training workshop on ISO 15189 the International Standard for Medical Lab, held at 12–13 November 2009 at Karachi, organized by Pakistan National Council for Accreditation, Ministry of Science & Technology Pakistan.
- I successfully completed 8th National Training Course on Modern Techniques in Biotechnology, organized by NIBGE Faisalabad, from April 12 to 16, 2010.
- I successfully completed 12 days training on Survey Research, organized by WHO at CHPS Lahore, from April 18 to 30, 2010.
- I attended Training of Biosafety and Biosecurity at El Hassan Science City – Amman, Jordan 12-16 September 2011. Organized by International Council for life Sciences (ICLS) & Royal Scientific Society Jordan.
- I attended AAAS workshop on International Engagement: Responsible Biosciences for Safe & Secure Society BMENA countries at Institute Pasteur Tunis, The Faculty des Sciences de Tunis October 30 to November 3rd,2011.
- I attended the “Biosafety, Biosecurity international workshop for Lab mangers” at COMSTECH Islamabad from 17 to 19th Oct 2011.
- I attended and successfully completed ‘Intensive Policy Course “Multilateral Verification, Collective Security: The Contribution of the CTBT” in Vienna from 16-20 July 2012’’ Organized by CTBTO UN.
- I Attended ASEAN regional forum meeting, Council for Security Cooperation in the Asia Pacific, April 5-7, 2015 at Kula Lumpur , Malaysia by CSIS Asia Pacific Forum.
- I attended European Biosafety Association (EBSA) Training workshop ‘Challenges of new genetic techniques for biosafety’ on 21st April 2015 at ACV Vienna Austria.
- I attended European Biosafety Association (EBSA) Training workshop ‘Sustainable and Safe laboratories’ on 21st April 2015 at ACV Vienna Austria.
Workshops and Conferences
I have attended more than 40 international conferences, professional trainings, and workshops in UAE, Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco, Austria , Korea and Pakistan.
Marital status: Unmarried
Present Address: 237-6 Huekseok Dong, Dongjack- gu, Seoul, Korea.
Permanent Address: Village & P.O Tarap Tehsile Jand District Attock, Punjab, Pakistan.
Dr.Zabta Khan Shinwari
Head of Dept. Biotechnology QAU, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Chief Executive Officer
Developing Health International
Country Consultant WHO
Country Coordinator GRAD UN